Frisée may be one of the more underrated greens in the garden- It's packed with vitamin A and C, but it's bitter taste can deter even the more adventurous eaters.
So what should you do with that giant head sitting in your fridge? Grill it! I don't think Ben and I will be eating Frisée any other way this summer! Grilling browns the Frisée, which diminishes it's bitterness as it caramelizes. The result is the perfect crispy but fresh side dish to your summer barbecues.
See how Ben and I prepared ours below!
Grilled Frisée with an Asian Dressing
For 1 head of Frisée
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp Soy sauce
1) Preheat the grill and let it get hott
2) While grill is heating up, prepare dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisking until well incorporated.
3) Cut the head of Frisée in half lengthwise
4) Pour the dressing over the Frisée halves and let marinate until grill has heated.
5) Once grill is heated, put the Frisée cut sides up on the grill.
6) Cook until Frisée looks chared and has crisped at the edges (about 12 minutes).
7) Take off of the grill and enjoy!