I know, we seem a little obsessed with Senposai, but it's only because we are. We've been getting a lot of questions at the market on how we recommend using it. We recommened substituting it in for lettuce in lettuce wraps or spring rolls. The leaves are larger and sturdier enough for a hearty wrap- Perfect for summer picnics or quick lunches!
See below for the ones that we made today at lunch! It's a great way to get rid of any unused veggies in your CSA.
I bunch of large Senposai leaves
1 bunch of Salad Turnips, cut into match sticks
1 bunch of radishes, cut into thin rounds
1 bunch of beets, cut into match sticks
I small bag of pea shoots
1 Medium cucumber, cut into thin strips
1 block of tofu, cut into thin strips
1/2 pineapple, cut into match sticks (optional)
1 package rice noodles
Mint, Cilantro, and thai basil to taste
Garlic Ginger Sauce
1/4 Cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
1) Cook rice noodles to directions on package.
2) Chop up all of the vegetables and set aside.
3) Mix together the soy sauce and lime juice with the minced garlic and ginger. Set aside for serving.
4) Assemble wraps! Place vegetables, rice noodles, and tofu in the middle of the wraps
5) Pour the sauce ontop of the vegetables before wrapping. Or save some for dipping.
6) Wrap like a burrito as tight as possible with the ends tucked in.
Notes: The spicy peanut sauce from the Cold Soba Noodle Senposai Salad recipe would also be great with this!
More wrap ideas: Take out the tofu and pineapple, spread hummus over the senposai leaf, and add feta cheese for a Medditerranean wrap!